Friday, April 26, 2013

Felipe Costa: Lightweights Should Train with Lightweights

Don't be scared homey.


That pretty much sums it up.

"What is the necessity of someone weighing 60kg training with someone weighing over 80kgs? Of course, from time to time, yes, but I believe, based on my own experience, that the risk of injuring oneself are well higher than the benefits that this kind of training can bring."

Every time I ever got injured (not hurt, but injured) in training to the extent that I could not train or worse, had long-term damage, it was training with someone north of 25 lb's heavier than me.

The damage to both of my knees, my right shoulder, and the time I tore my oblique, bruised my hip and my kidney,( and when I blew out my knee specifically) all happened training with heavier teammates.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment