Friday, April 4, 2014

Stuart Cooper: Jiu-Jitsu - A Way of Life

On a serious note, I don't say much about my personal life on here, but I've undergone some serious changes in my personal life over the past year or so. Jiu-Jitsu was a big part of my being coachable enough to get the help I needed to change and to leave behind my old life.

When I didn't value other things, I valued Jiu-Jitsu enough to know and acknowledge that other things were negatively impacting and conflicting with what I believed to be my passion which was being on the mat and by extension becoming a better person.
You can't just try to be great at Jiu-Jitsu and be a *&^%*^ person off the mats. It's not congruent.



Jiu-Jitsu was a big part of that and if I hadn't had the truth I've found there and on the mat, I don't know that I would be in the place I am right now.

I don't know what my life would be like if I wasn't putting on a gi every time I got the chance. For that, I will always be thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment