Thursday, March 28, 2013

Phil Davis to Vinny Magalhaes: "Wrestling is stronger as an art form."


Phil Davis may be joining the ranks of the Dave Herman/I can't be choked out legion of pro MMA fighters that eschew most Jiu-Jitsu in the face of flex and bust out/athleticism to hide their Jiu-Jitsu deficiencies in 5 minute rounds, without the Gi, vaseline, sweat, blood, and starting on their feet.

I'm sure some of it is playful banter to hype the fight as wrestling vs Jiu-Jitsu.
I'm sure as the bard once said, "much truth is said in jest."
I think Phil Davis also mistake tapping out the likes of Tim Boetsch, Wagner Prado (who clearly had as much experience on the ground as a shark does on land, and getting Alexander Gustafsson in the Swedish mauler's 2nd UFC fight.

I get the feeling Phil honestly has no idea the different stratosphere of Jiu-Jitsu that someone like Vinny Magalhaes brings to MMA. It will be fun to watch though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment