Friday, September 27, 2013

Grappling Related Thoughts and Bellator 101 Tonight



1) Go check out bjjnews.com. I go there first thing in the morning while I sip my coffee like a sir.

2) someone else suggesting you learn some basic Judo even if you're a BJJ-centric player

3) I've begun playing with the spider-guard sweep I've seen Romulo Barral use for quite awhile, that Keenan used several times in his debut at black belt.
You can see the sweep below at 2:13
 


4) hurt my shoulder (more like I triggered an old injury - rotator cuff damage) competing at the Fayetteville Hometown Heroes tournament in the last match of the day (isn't it always the last match of the day?) to the point that I can only play left handed for the time being. It doesn't bother me as much during mat work but it's going to limit my game next weekend at the Takemori Open in Maryland. I considered not playing, but then I asked myself, what would Koga do?
I'm pretty sure Koga would compete.
 

 
 
 
5) The Bellator card on Spike TV tonight is not bad at all. I'll bet it's as good as the average UFC card in terms of fight quality and finishes. I'll pick Warren, Sarnavskiy, Clementi, Alessio, and Awad to win.

"
MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET)

         - mmajunkie.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment