Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Shoyoroll NoGi Gear Review

Got ahold of the a NoGi Matching set from the latest Shoyoroll drop. I've worn/tried out/borrowed/and bought used Shoyoroll Gis and liked them, but wasn't interested in paying full price. As prone as I am to disliking things just because they're popular, I've just never been super sold on the Shoyoroll Gi hype. I find the Gi pants are a bit dumpy/toddler with soggy diaper hanging in the @$$ area and the jacket feels a bit more trim/mismatched with the fit of the pants. That being said, after a midday training session when it's hot AF in the blue basement at Renzo's, I'll say that will indeed plan on buying their NoGi gear again, despite the price being about 1/3 higher than what I would pay for other brands.

The space under the armpit has vents/whatever that does legitimately make does it cooler to train in, and avoids that plastic bag constrictor feeling you get in other long sleeved rashguards. I train in long sleeved rashguards in an effort to minimize skin exposure as we have a ton of visitors at Renzo's and people coming from in off the street, the subway, whatever, may not have washed their hands et cetera.

All in all, it was $20 more than my Scramble matching set I bought a year ago. The stitching and construction seems sturdy, so we'll see how it holds up. I recently bought their ranked nogi gear drop for brown belts because I enjoyed the first set I bought so much. The shorts are trim and contoured around the thighs avoiding the snagged toes in or near your taint/gooch area that I've seen happen with shorter length shorts that parachute out/flare at the thighs.

The Shoyoroll NoGi sets are probably going to be the brand I buy going forward for training gear and compete in for IBJJF at brown belt when I return to competing. It seems steep at $150, but like I've said Scramble and other brands have comparably/in that neighborhood priced gear at $50-70 for the top + the same or more for shorts.


No comments:

Post a Comment