Tuesday, January 13, 2015

White Belt's Guide to UFC Fight Night 59: McGregor vs Siver, Cerrone vs Henderson


Other than Chris Leben, I'm not sure if anyone has turned around in two weeks and won a 2nd UFC fight.
Cerrone will try to do just that in a couple of weeks against Benson Henderson, a man who has beaten him previously by 5 round decision and by guillotine.

That being said, Benson has since gone on to defeat the likes of Guida, Alvarez, Edgar, Khabilov, Bocek, but also lose to Pettis by armbar, and by decision, AND most recently getting KO'd for the first time in his career by Rafael Dos Anjos.

I don't think Cerrone has beaten the same level of competition in that time, but for some reason I think Cerrone breaks the streak here and beats Benson. Benson simply hasn't continued to progress in watching him fight recently.




For all the hype and hoopla, many will tune in to see McGregor stake his claim at a crack at Jose Aldo, which frankly, criticism aside, I'd be excited to see because Jose hasn't sold a fight in ages. He hasn't helped his cause by ceasing to finish with precision like he did early on, and picking guys apart for 5 rounds will not win you new fans, just ask GSP.

I don't see this going differently than many of Conor's other foes, and somehow, he psyches guys out. You could see it in Dustin Poirier once the first round began. He began to fold. He looked nothing like the guy I had seen in previous UFC fights in is body language.
I see Conor perhaps going 3 rounds in this one, but no, I'll go with another finish here, perhaps, round 2. I honestly don't care much for the other fights.

Urijah Hall vs whoever is a gimme fight.

John Howard vs Larkin is a good scrap, I see Larkin picking Howard apart who will spend much of the fight looking to get Larkin down but Larkin has gotten better in his successive UFC fights for the most part and I think Larkin does the job here and grinds out a split or unanimous decision. 

I think Tibau will out beast mode Norman who would do well do circle and avoid being pressed against the cage and grinded on the way Tibau almost always does.

"

No comments:

Post a Comment