Tuesday, March 17, 2015

This is Why it's Called Gambling: Pettis vs Dos Anjos Edition

43-35 over the course of the past UFC events.

Most recently, I went 6-6 at the recent Pettis vs Dos Anjos card.
I'm sure anyone who knows Dos Anjos wasn't surprised but I just wasn't sold because of his Nate Diaz (didn't finish him) and win over Benson (Benson has dropped a few fights as of late.

In all honesty, I didn't do my homework on the female fight because in all honesty I don't watch women fight.

I did correctly peg Dariush for the upset win via submission. I also figured the younger Pettis would handily beat whatever set-up fight he was given but that was also an incorrect narrative. C'est la vie. I've nearly doubled my money invested/up front over at Draftkings.com.

I knew Brown vs Hendricks was a bit of a stretch as Hendricks has only lost to a handful of the top tier guys but nailing the moment when a guy begins to slide from the top can lead to some profitable betting. Either Matt Brown wasn't that guy or Hendricks' time is still in the present.

You need to pick correctly about 2/3 of the time to come out ahead in sports betting is the general adage. After a long layoff, I'm a bit rusty but it's coming back pretty quickly and despite the deluge of events and fights and lesser known guys there's also much better access to footage and the like these days to help me break down the fights stylistically. 

No comments:

Post a Comment