Wednesday, October 11, 2017

We asked for 10-8 rounds....so now we get draws

So, mathematically, with 3 round fights...this is gonna happen. Do. The. Math. 

I don't particularly mind that the Vanatta fight or the Dariush fight went to draws. They were both close and overall, I'm glad to finally see 10-8 rounds Bc otherwise, why not just coast at the end of a round? I think the increase in 10-8 rounds will spur on efforts to finish where a guy will continue to pour it on even if the finish isn't necessarily there in the hopes of a 10-8 round. It incentivizes going for the finish in that last minute of a round. That being said, we have to accept that a fighter may storm out and do copious damage in round one, gas, and lose the last two rounds and wind up with a draw. Law of unintended consequences, folks. And I mean, at least it wasn't that Canelo/GGG score, my God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment