Saturday, November 4, 2017

UFC 217 - Main/Co-Main Event Picks: Bisping vs GSP & Garbrandt vs Dillashaw

Quick shots: 
Unlike the conventional mma pundit agreement, I think Bisping gets taken down and stays there 3 out of 5 rounds. The hittable GSP in his last few fights I honestly attribute to the burnout he described. One thing I'm banking on, GSP wouldn't come back to lose. Period. His wrestling and jab, people have forgotten how ridiculously effective it was. He trounced guys at will with his tools. Hendricks spent the majority of the fight against the cage, largely unable to do much, and Bisping will get level changed and dumped or taken down against the cage. GSP takes a unanimous decision 4 rounds to one on 2 of the scorecards. 

Garbrandt was insanely economical in his fight with Cruz in later rounds. He scored knockedowns, showboated, and won rounds with minimal output. If he hurts Dillashaw I think he puts him away. I also think Garbandt is right in his physical prime and his hips are good enough to fight off a good portion of Dillshaw's shots...but was the Cruz fight a masterful culmination of a team of guys game planning for Cruz's skill set? Has the benefit of 5 teammates fighting Cruz just culminated in Garbrandt and he won't look as great against not Dom Cruz? I'm kinda leaning toward this actually. It's hard to break down Dillashaw's trouncing of Barao twice to Garbrandt's trouncing of Cruz.....this is a tough, tough fight for me to call. I'm gonna go with a tough, close split decision for Dillashaw 3 rounds to two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment