Monday, August 6, 2018

Bellator Welterweight Grand Prix Brackets Announced & Alternate Bout 

No easy matches first round anywhere in this bracket. Lima hopes to rebound against Koreshkov, Daley got his wish and will face MVP in a striker vs striker affair first round. Rory Macdonald faces Jon Fitch in a battle of UFC alums, and Neiman Gracie comes in as well. My pick for the overall win is Neiman Gracie. He's overwhelmed and finished his opponents in classic fashion: close distance, clinch, take down, pepper with shots and finish via submission. I'm pretty excited, between this and the HW Grand Prix, Bellator still offering up a ton of match-ups that I'll sit down to watch. I'm as excited for this as I have been to watch Covington vs RDA or the insanely terrible repeat rematch of Woodley vs Thompson....and by that I mean, this is more engaging for me as a fan than watching any of the UFC welterweight offerings for quite some time. I had high hopes for RDA to bum rush the title, but Covington's huggy bear Clay Guida attack ended that.

No comments:

Post a Comment