Friday, June 28, 2013

Bernardo Faria Double Underhook Pass


If you read this blog, and particularly my posts regarding my most recent tournaments and what I've been working on, this one mentioning Bernardo Faria should come as no surprise.

I've modeled the beginnings of my deep half guard game on him, and appropriately enough, this video shows a pass from a position he ends up in not only from the guard pull, but often after his favorite deep half sweep.

I find myself here for the same reason he does, it comes naturally as a follow-up to the type of deep half sweep for which he is known and to which many high level guys still find themselves unable to prevent (or it sets up Faria's modified double leg/dental floss grip I believe it's called takedown).

At any rate, here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment