Friday, June 14, 2013

Otavio Sousa Spotlight @ BJJPix.com

Wearing a double weave Gi in Brazil in March, not recommended.
Training with the school run by Ze Radiola, however, is highly recommended.

A site I've been perusing for awhile now has a spotlight on Otavio Sousa who I've been following since his brown belt matches with Kron. He's now a 2 time world champion in the Gi.

Check it out over THERE.

"At the 2013 Worlds, I had a total of 5 fights where I fought the toughest guys, but I was not expecting anything different. Rather, I knew it would not be easy, so I trained and prepared myself to be at my best and be able to reach the end of the championship still strong. Thank God, I was able to dominate all my fights and finishing two of them by submission and the others on points. I'm very excited to be able to have me become champion for the second time in a division that is considered the most difficult and disputed of all.
Here are a few of the names that I had to go through to become champion: Gabriel Rollo of Checkmat; Davi Ramos of Atos; Victor Henrique GFTeam and Cláudio Calasans of Atos. This year, eventually repeating the end of last year when I also fought against Calasans to climb on the highest step of the podium!"

Curiously enough, when I was in Recife, Brazil, I trained at the Gracie Barra Pernambuco where Sousa and the Estima brothers began their Jiu-Jitsu careers.
It's a small world, or something to that effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment