Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Frank Mir's Hall of Fame/UFC Resume

I've given Frank Mir a hard time in various points in his career. I'm not crazy about him as a commentator and in the age of the super HW behemoths, he suffered some brutal stoppage losses. What's lost in the mix is that in an age of brain damage inducing HW fights, Mir has a number of submission-related records during his incredibly lengthy tenure and he came back from snapping his femur in a motorcycle accident which tend to forget. Anyway, I'd never fault a man for making money the best way he knows how, and I hope to see him get a few more submissions against lower tier HW's. In an age of strikers or wrestlers, Frank Mir was the lone submission artist before Minotauro came to town but even he is more of a boxer/grappler than pure grappler. 

My hat off to his incredible UFC career and I hope he gets some more feathers in his cap over in Bellator.

No comments:

Post a Comment