Saturday, September 29, 2012

There is Life after ACL Surgery: 3 Months Post-Op



Moved around on the mat for the first time since my surgery today.
Moved around with a very cool and very technical Black Belt from Evolution MMA in Wilmington, NC.
And then I rolled with a training partner of mine. Not really rolling so much as drilling and transitioning a bit.

I know I have a long way to go, but I felt a million times better emotionally than I have since my surgery.

And, the thoughts in my head, the transitions, the awareness of where I wanted to go next in the transitions was there as well.

My biggest fear was not so much that others would get better than me, but that I'd lose progress I'd made by spending countless hours on the mat.

If you're out there with an ACL injury and afraid of surgery as I admittedly was, have the surgery.



No comments:

Post a Comment