Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Because You Didn't Ask: NSAC Threatens "American Gangster" Chael Sonnen/Is It A Fight?

So....the NSAC is overstepping its bounds and attempting to bar Chael Sonnen from competing at the Metamoris this weekend.

Lame.

1. Submission Grappling, even for money, is not a licensed activity. I've never been required to obtain a license from an athletic commission



2. Chael's suspension for said activity, fighting, is in Nevada. I've heard of fighters being further banned within the state of their ban by fighting elsewhere, but never being fined so heavily.

3. The NSAC should be more concerned with Jones/Cormier brawl than a suspended fighter participating in a high level grappling match on PPV taking place in California.


Click HERE for Fight Opinion chiming in along the same lines of my thinking.

We've probably all read the argument (as semantic and needless as it may be) whether you should call matches at a grappling tournament "fights".

Having fought MMA, I can tell you, they are not fights. Are you sore and banged up? Sure.
In fact, I was more banged up and sore after my first Judo tournament back after ACL surgery than I was after several of my MMA fights.


That being said, a fight, involves striking, by any definition or stretch of the imagination, the NSAC is wildly overstepping its bounds and this only further makes them seem like the woefully inept organization they actually are.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment