Wednesday, February 7, 2018

The Cardinal Sin of Combat Sports

Watching your fighter take 230 punches to landing 3......let that sink in. 
This guy is a clown. Period. The purpose of a coach is to throw in the towel so a fighter who may be concussed or prideful has a way out of a fight they cannot win. THEIR JOB is to do what the fighter is perhaps unwilling to do. Fans who are all about the go out on your shield mentality aren't the ones who can't remember where their car is parked after going into the mall. I remember the memory problems and mood swings I had when I was fighting and several serious concussions I suffered in various training camps. One of the things I appreciate about MMA is the concept of submitting. Is taking 230 punches to land 3 any less untenable than a joint lock or a strangle hold? Insanity. This was a total failure on the part of the "commission", the referee, and the corner of the fighter with absolutely zero chance of winning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment