Sunday, December 23, 2018

Shoyoroll NoGi Gear Review 



Got ahold of the a NoGi Matching set from the latest Shoyoroll drop.

Shoyoroll fits snug, so I'd suggest ordering on the next size up if you're torn between sizes. That being said, it feels great, I definitely felt a bit cooler than normal training in the gear. It doesn't hang loose, no tangled toes or fingers in excess fabric after about 1 1/2 weeks of wearing it.
I've worn/tried out/borrowed/and bought used Shoyoroll Gis and liked them, but wasn't interested in paying full price. That being said, after a midday training session when it's hot AF in the blue basement at Renzo's, I'll say that will indeed plan on buying their NoGi gear again, despite the price being about 1/3 higher than what I would pay for other brands.
The space under the armpit has vents/whatever that does legitimately make it cooler to train in, and avoids that plastic bag constrictor feeling you get in other long sleeved rashguards. I train in long sleeved rashguards in an effort to minimize skin exposure as we have a ton of visitors at Renzo's and people coming from the airport, the subway, whatever, may not have washed their hands et cetera.
All in all, it was $20 more than my Scramble matching set I bought a year ago. The stitching and construction seems sturdy, so we'll see how it holds up.
10/10 will buy again.


No comments:

Post a Comment