Monday, March 23, 2020

Grappling Idiots -150 Qualifier: Tim McNamara

Went 3-0 for the day (1 submission, 2 points wins) which earned my spot in the Pro bracket which was slated for April 4th but is now postponed due to the pandemic:

Some of the concepts I always talk about:
digging out the leg behind an upper body attack, opponent defends by clamping onto my leg which means he can't defend me breaking his base and capitalizing with a sweep. Pass, knee pin, gives up his back after exposing his elbow/arm to a kimura. Opponent did a lot of pushing and bench press escaping so I figured the arm trap/elbow exposure was coming.
The longer match times (10 minutes) meant I didn't feel the quick pressure to submit and opened up my sweeping game a bit more and played more guard, rather than continually looking to submit. Another kimura to a backtake with an arm trapped as well. A kimura to sweep from bottom using their palm to palm grip against them.

No comments:

Post a Comment