Friday, July 5, 2013

UFC 162 Picks/Predictions/Gamble Enabler




I'll be out of town for an extended period of time and will miss the UFC 162/4th of July card but I'll go ahead and put my picks out there assuming (lolz) there are no injury replacements or people with their title shot just cancelled or whatever else pleases the baldfather.

I'm not buying the hype on Weidman. Sure he caught Munoz but he could barely grind out a decision win over Alessio Sakara while being on top of him for the better part of all 3 rounds. Do I think he'll submit Anderson Silva? No, absolutely not.

Frankie Edgar will beat Oliveira b/c he only loses to people named BJ Penn, Ben Henderson and I guess Gray Maynard.

I Think Tim Kennedy has the tools to beat Roger Gracie assuming he fights differently than his backpedal-fest against Jacare (whatever that was).

Cub Swanson continues to impress me and I think he'll pick apart Dennis Siver with movement and angles.
Munoz will look rusty in the first round but everything Boetsch does, Munoz does better.
I don't know who Andrew Craig is but he'll lose to Leben via KO.
I don't know who Norman Parke is or Kazuki Tokudome. Barboza will get a TKO over Oliveira in a tough fight.
Gonzaga will get a submission over Dave "Jiu-Jitsu doesn't work" Herman and my heart will sing.
Mike Pierce who was once a fight away from a possible title shot will beat some guy on the prelim of the prelims.

"MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 7 p.m. ET)

No comments:

Post a Comment