Thursday, March 1, 2018

Bellator Signs Jon Fitch (PFL death knell looming?)

I'm starting to wonder if the world of MMa can stand a third major mma organization. American MMA has the UFC and Bellator. Europe and Japan have a couple major players. That being said, can te PFL succeed as an Engliah speaking broadcast without the key names occupied with the UFC and Bellator? I'm always one to say more options are good for fighters as they can not correctly collectively bargain and are treated as I-9 Independent contractors (arguably honest to be frank). At any rate, I see the PFL format folding Bc there's already times I split my Fri/Sat between the B squad Bellator/Freakshow cards and a UFC death of PPV's, Fight Nights, and Fox broadcasts. We'll see. I hate to be negative nancy but I just honestly have as much mma programming as I desire to follow at this point. I wish the PFL luck but it's a tough market to crack when your format is basically the only selling point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment