Thursday, March 1, 2018

Reminder ACB 11 Card - This Weekend - Picks and Thoughts

Yo, this is coming off the heels of easily the most ridiculous Gi professional
non IBJJF event that was ACB 10.

Some quick picks, Najmi ( beat Ramos nogi last time around if I'm Not mistaken), Sousa, Claudio looked flat against Gaudio who used the wrestling and physicality to kinda beast on past Calasans. Some losses at the world's to Arges and this last loss to Gaudio have me finding a hard time feeling some doubt about Calasans, but I expect his gamesmanship is enough to put him past Cabral who hasn't wowed me in his time in Copa Podio nor ACB. Langhi is gonna be a tad bigger than Andre and is also a tad more comfortable on top passing (arguable). I think Langhi is a bit stronger and bigger of frame at this weight and will have just enough size advantage to grind brought the round format to a win.
I don't care who Erberth faces or if he wins, he just irks me and his ability to piss of Bernardo Faria was pretty much the end of my keeping even a passing interest in him as a competitor. Frazatto has been doing more Gi than ever since his mma career has either ended or is winding down. He'd be world champ if he hadn't  peaked during the Cobrinah era. As Rafa is gone, and Conrinha is probs going to retire soon (unless his supplements keep him unbelievably young for a bit longer ;) I still feel Frazatto could make a run at a world title, but maybe that's overly optimistic. I got to see him at the NY Open last summer and face Gianni Grippo. For the bottom end of the card I've got Hashimoto winning, Doederlein def winning, and Samir winning and ugly stalling  match against Laercio. Laercio is another guy I think is insanely good but couldn't get the top 1-3 guys in his weight class when he was at his peak. I'd actually really like to see him vs Bruno Frazatto or Hashimoto. Tough to pick between Mafra and Caporal, but I'll go with Caporal as I've seen him a bit more in the Gi in the past year 

No comments:

Post a Comment