Tuesday, April 14, 2020

All of my Back takes & Back finishes from the past 2 years or so

Some trends that come and go in my NoGi matches. I used to spend a lot of time forcing the back triangle from attacking the back but now opt to stay on the strangle. Long term I've had far more success staying on the back and looking for the choke than opting for the triangle or even worse, the armbar. Anyone good should take a few cracks and get out of the armbar and force the stack then even possibly pass if you stay on the arm too long.

I actually prefer the reverse triangle to force the sweep from a traditional bottom triangle attempt, and will use it to then drag the elbow across to attack the key lock. Most of my triangle work nowadays is actually a follow-up attack to them leaving their head in the hole as I dig out the leg. Or vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment