Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday's Multimedia Mailbag: UFC 169 Anti-Climax Edition

Well, I was pretty excited about this card when it was announced. Dominic Cruz's return, Renan  Barao facing him, Jose Aldo dispatching another challenger with ease.....Frank Mir vs Alistair might be entertaining if it lasted a round.

But as with human plans and expectations gone awry, I was left with a sour taste in my mouth.

As for my picks, I saw Lineker plod forward barely throwing punches and get out grappled over 3 rounds. Jamie Varner get into an extended firefight and get KTFO.

I correctly had Barao, Aldo and Overeem but that's about it.

I built myself up for letdown with this one and all I can really do at this point is look forward to the February 22nd card, but I'll be working at my other job that weekend. Stylistically, there are some great match-ups on that card with Cormier vs Evans, Rivera vs Assuncao, Oliveira vs Koch, Dos Anjos fighting, and McDonald vs Maia. Sometimes these cards with mid-level guys needing the "W" to move up the ladder prove better than a champ fighting to win a decision ala Ben Henderson or even Jose Aldo as of late.

On to the highlights or lowlights as the case may be:

No comments:

Post a Comment