Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Recent Match - Submission Only & upcoming competition schedule

It's always strange to me in tournaments when I hit triangles, or a straight armbar because it's not that I don't know how to do them, but rather, I don't hit them in training nearly as often as I hit them competing (or at least that's how it feels).

Purple belt has taught me to look at the bracket as only the match I having coming up. I've had some great wins and nearly flawless matches at purple belt, but I've also had matches where I made one mistake and never got it back. I've yet to medal in the absolute at purple belt and that's also on my list of goals for this year.

I've got US Grappling Raleigh coming up on the 18th, and Copa America the weekend after on the 25th in Charlotte.

I am hopefully booked for the 2nd installment of the Toro Cup and will get another superfight (yes, I still hate that term) for the Bull City Brawl event in Durham in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment