Monday, April 20, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up & That's Why It's Called Gambling - UFC on FOX: Machida vs Rockhold

Worked the US Grappling Raleigh event Saturday. Only had one person in my purple belt featherweight division. I lost by collar choke at about 3 1/2 minutes in.  I followed that up by losing in the first round of the absolute on points. I had a near back take that I should have turn into a leg drag/come on top type of scramble but I didn't and so I lost. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that.


I am incredibly glad I didn't do any straight betting this past weekend.
Machida and Swanson both got submitted and Paige Van Zant lived up to the hype train in her debut.
Jim Hettes got a cut and lost a fight I was positive he would win. At the last second I was doubting if Dariush was ready for Miller but he subbed him in impressive fashion. I should have stayed hanging on the Dariush hype train like I had been up until that point. Sky's the limit for that guy. 

Ouch. Some underdog bettors out there definitely did okay this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment