Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday's MMA Multimedia Mailbag/Newshour

Remember the good ole media blackout days when Sherdog
was the sole semi-organized source of MMA news on the internet?

Due to the continuing absence of non-regional and/or UFC MMA events, we are short on MMA multimedia for your Monday Morning viewing pleasure.I know it's hard to file TPS reports without some MMA news to peruse on the side, but bear with me as we've found a Decaf substitute.

I've included the best of what passes for MMA news/journalism pieces from the vast internetz.
It's amazing how spoiled we've gotten. When I was a kid I had to slyly trick my mom into renting the first UFC's for me from Blockbuster, even though the man had marked then YRV/Youth Restricted Viewing. I did the same to get her to let me rent Ninja Scroll, the classic samurai manga (and it had nudity!)
At any rate, there is now a dearth of MMA news available with every quasi-journalist out there putting together a show with networks and companies trying to cash in/throw money at MMA to make money. 

Complain if you will about the dearth of events and shows, but it trumps the days of staying up all night to download a Pride event over 56k or combing the internetz for news about whether Sakuraba beat another Gracie or if Nog survived a hellacious beating to armbar a complete and utter mismatch of size.

First up, is the debut episode of a show featuring Ariel Helwani yes, that guy that Nick Diaz threatened to slap Mike Chiappetta, Ariel Helwani and Luke Thomas (who?)



AND, a show I've only recently come across, Fight News Now with split coverage on Boxing and MMA with a Bellator 61 preview included for your passing of time at work in the cubicle, lots of emails to answer this morning, yes we know viewing pleasure.




No comments:

Post a Comment