Friday, September 21, 2012

UFC 152 Picks for Fellow Fantasy Gamblers

Ah....the card that was and was not to be. Now it's Belfort versus Jon Jones.
It's the reason I love and hate the fight game.


My quick picks for tomorrow's UFC 152
After the Jump:




Jones by 3rd round TKO.
He'll hurt Belfort in the 2nd round, but will be smart and wait for Belfort to tire a bit more, then put the kabosh on him in the 3rd with some vicious elbows/ground n' pound to which Belfort will turn to his side and the referee will halt it.

I'm not buying the hype, but I'm going to go with Brian Stann. Bisping's not KO'd anyone in god knows how long (ever?) and I think Brian Stann comes forward enough to pick up a split or unanimous decision win against the salty Brit.

Benavidez loses and up and down all over the cage match to Demetrious Johnson. I think it's time for Benavidez to lose his unofficial title as best flyweight.
A year or 2 perhaps a go, he'd have it in the bag. But time slightly passed him by, and he will rue the day.

Magalhaes by submission. Is there honestly another way to bet?

Evan Dunham by whatever he wants (submission).

Oliveira by coming out party all over Cub Swanson's tough, cut up face.

Mitch Gagnon over a guy I've never heard of.

The Spaniard Brenneman by relatively unappealing "press the guy against the cage" gameplan he uses when he wins. The Rick Story fight was entertaining b/c Story made it so.

Hettes by 1st or 2nd round submission. He transitions too much for the relatively 2-dimensional Brimage.

Peirson and Hammil will both beat 2 guys I've also never heard of before this card.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with basically every pick you make except one: I think Benavidez beats Mighty Mouse. I hope Stann wins, but I'm afraid Bisping will jab and run away all night, which will be boring, obnoxious, and might work.

    I agree that Jones is probably going to win, but I put a bet on Vitor anyway at 7.5 to one. Vitor only has the classic punchers chance, but I think some of the lines are crazy given that a lot of unpredictable stuff can happen during a fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dirty white belt - at the odds on belfort, i'd bet money as well. i also see it as entirely possible that bisping does his usual backpedal to victory then wonders/gets butthurt when guys like Benavidez crack jokes about how he's never KO'd anyone.

    ReplyDelete