This is America.
And in America, we must always look ahead.
Appreciating the here and now is for Hippies, Communists, and Anarchists.
Yes, UFC 165 and Bellator 100 just happened.
UFC Fight Night and 2 more Bellators are on deck over the next 3 weeks.
Bellator next week has some good lightweight fights with the likes of:
MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET)
- Nick Kirk vs. Joe Warren
- Marcus Davis vs. Alexander Sarnavskiy - lightweight tournament opening round
- John Alessio vs. Will Brooks - lightweight tournament opening round
- Saad Awad vs. Martin Stapleton - lightweight tournament opening round
- Rich Clementi vs. Ricardo Tirloni - lightweight tournament opening round
THEN, on October 9th, on
Maia tries to fight through the quicksand spoiler of wins that is Jake Shields. Dong Hyun Kim still working up the ladder against the used to be the next Brazilian prospect til his Jon Fitching, Erick Silva. Matt "I used to be retired" Hamill will try to beat that guy that submitted non-human urine, Thiago Silva. Beltran
and Maldonado will give each other brain damage and Palhares will fight for his job b/c he has looked painfully one-dimensional in his previous fights since he lost his buzz saw career-threatening submission aura.
"MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 7 p.m. ET)
- Demian Maia vs. Jake Shields
- Dong Hyun Kim vs. Erick Silva
- Matt Hamill vs. Thiago Silva
- Joey Beltran vs. Fabio Maldonado
- Rousimar Palhares vs. Mike Pierce
- Raphael Assuncao vs. T.J. Dillashaw
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 5 p.m. ET)
- Rodrigo Damm vs. Hacran Dias
- Igor Araujo vs. Ildemar Alcantara
- Yan Cabral vs. David Mitchell
- Chris Cariaso vs. Iliarde Santos "