I was curious, to be sure, but the booking always had that Elephant Man/King Kong Freakshow type appeal to it....let's be honest.
We were all waiting and hoping to see a Nascar styled devastating wreck or to see an Elephant Man/Quasimodo style freak out win, lose, or draw. In fact, had Toquinho showed up, competed, won or lost or drawn, and nothing happened....we would have been disappointed. The mob wanted blood in some proverbial or figurative form.
As replacement, we get the bearded guy who hurt Romulo's knee a few years ago.
- World Champion (2010);
- European Open Champion (2010);
- 2x World Pro Cup Winner (2009 Weight and Absolute);
- 3x Brazilian National Champion (2006, 2009, 2010);
- 2x Pan American Champion (2006 Weight and Absolute);
- World Silver Medallist (2009);
- Brazilian National Silver Medallist (2013);
- 5x World Bronze Medallist (2004 Brown – Weight and Absolute, 2005 Brown – Weight, 2007 Black – Weight, 2008 Black – Weight);
- Bronze Medallist at the ADCC Finals (2007);
- 2nd Place ADCC Brazilian Trials (2007)"