Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Metamoris 3 Preview: Dean Lister vs Renato "Babalu" Sobral



Like that girl that comes around just often enough to bait you into caring and thinking it will go somewhere, Metamoris is back with it's 3rd installment.
As much as the negative Nancy in me knows I will be disappointed, I look at this card and I have a roaring hope that it will be awesome and be the type of event I will love and be like the UFC of sport grappling.

The first event was mired by logistical shortcomings like starting obscenely late, dragging out, and being essentially a soft ball marketing pitch for various Torrance Academy side business angles.

The second event was marred by commentary that told me Brendan Schaub non-grappling was actually the highest form of Jiu-Jitsu which turned my stomach to no end.

Despite these shortcomings, matches like Kron vs Otavio, Kayron vs Lovato, Kron vs Shinya, were thrilling to watch and well, this it the big show and essentially only show of it's kind in town.
So, I must take the good with the bad.


Can't wait.

God, I know parts of it will infuriate me....and yet.....still I come back for another beating.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment