Friday, May 5, 2017

Depressing Friday News: Paulo Miyao Receives 2 Year Ban from USADA


Click HERE for more:

Paulo Miyao receives 2 year ban from USADA for failed/positive test.

I'll have to do a podcast soon to discuss this topic I guess.
It's honestly just the death of the narrative that it's just hard work and the dream and technique conquers all in Jiu-Jitsu. I don't hold him responsible and others will want to discredit him and his accomplishments. The peanut gallery will boo and hiss and do what it does. I don't really care to crucify anyone. It simply confirms to me what I'd begun to suspect about competitive Jiu-Jitsu as of late and now forces some key questions: Why does it take so long to release the failed test? What's the point if Jiu-Jitsu only tests onece a year? Does Jiu-Jitsu really even want to be an Olympic sport or anything above a niche sport?

But the elephant in the room now in Jiu-Jitsu is the band-aid of a solution that is testing 10 black belts one day per year when they know it's the only time they would be tested (IF AT ALL).

Previously, I didn't want Jiu-Jitsu in the Olympics, if it means out of competition testing, full speed ahead, let's see how the podium changes with out of competition testing.


No comments:

Post a Comment