Friday, February 15, 2019

Countdown to Kron UFC Debut Part 4: Recent MMA Fights

A solid analysis/recap of his two most recent MMA bouts which were both against seasoned MMA veteran fighters.

Interesting to recap that Kron utilized guard pulls, nuanced close guard, to eventually finish his opponents. I'm not gonna lie, I'm concerned about his ability to nullify wrestling as he moves up the upper echelon of UFC fighters. We've seen time and again guys who looked amazing over in Japan come and get punished on bottom by far less competent wrestlers than you'd expect.
I'm rooting for Kron as I love seeing the grappling get gotten to early in the match rather than sloppy kickboxing matches that go on ad nauseum, so we'll see.

Reminds me of watching Neiman's fights in Bellator with a truly solid mix of stand-up, clinch/dirty boxing, takedowns, and submission hunting leading to a finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment