Monday, February 4, 2019

UFC 234 Full Countdown Episode: Whitaker vs Gastelum, Adesanya vs Silva, et al

Given all the talent plugged into ESPN+ cards, this one is frightfully lacking in depth. If you count Anderson Silva's retirement tour as being worthy of co-main event status, you've basically got 2 fights on this card. The fact that Rani Yahya is the fight before the 2 co-main's should prove that if nothing else. As a grappling fan, I'm excited to see him in action every time, but he is by no means a main card fighter based on excitement/style as in comparison with the names they've been plugging into ESPN+ spots, so I dunno if I'll be tuning into this one frankly. I'll spend the day watching my coach and friend, Jon Calestine hammer away at the ADCC trials, then probably watch the fight pass prelims and go to sleep early. Whitaker vs Gastelum and Adesanya are all great entertainment heavy names, but damn if the rest of the card isn't paper thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment