Wednesday, February 6, 2019

UFC 234: Inside the Octagon - Whitaker vs Gastelum

I hate it when this happens. When the main event and co-main event are the only fights on the card which I wish to see. These events are a true chore to watch as midnight is way past my bedtime these days now that I no longer work latenights behind the bar or bouncing at the door.

I don't see how Gastelum wins this as he's not super impressed me at 185. I don't think Gastelum would beat Romero and I know, I know, MMA Math isn't real. The last top 5 middleweight Gastelum faced, he lost to (Weidman). His win over Bisping is marred by the fact that Bisping came off a crushing, stoppage loss and at the tail end of his career in which the last 2 years he basically only fought carefully selected, well-timed/chosen opponents ( I say that fully admitting that I was fine with how he curated his title reign b/c the dude fought literally everyone on the way there). I don't see Gastelum winning this. Period.


No comments:

Post a Comment