"As announced by UFC president Dana White, the UFC organization has elected to terminate its contract with Rousimar Palhares based on repeated incidents of unsportsmanlike conduct violating the UFC Fighter Code of Conduct and his Promotional Agreement with Zuffa, LLC.
At 'UFC Fight Night: Maia vs. Shields' on Oct. 9, 2013, Palhares won his welterweight bout against Mike Pierce via heel hook submission in 31 seconds. Pierce appeared to tap several times physically and verbally and the ref intervened physically before Palhares let go. Despite being the only submission win on the card, Palhares was denied the Submission of the Night bonus. Managing Director of International Development Marshall Zelaznik announced at the post-fight press conference that the local commission would be investigating the length of time that Palhares held the submission.
The controversy is not Palhares' first: In 2010, the New Jersey State Athletic Commission suspended Palhares for 90 days following his heel hook win over Tomasz Drwal at UFC 111 for not letting go after the referee stoppage.
In 2012, Palhares was again suspended for nine months after testing positive for elevated testosterone after UFC on FX 6."
Bellator 103 Tonight:
MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET)
- JJ Ambrose vs. David Rickels
- Joe Taimanglo vs. Justin Wilcox - featherweight tournament semifinals
- Patricio Freire vs. Fabricio Guerreiro - featherweight tournament semifinals
- Aaron Rosa vs. Mikhail Zayats
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com, 7 p.m. ET)
- Cody Carrillo vs. Ricky Musgrave
- Jeimeson Saudino vs. Jesse Thornton
- Donnie Bell vs. Marcio Navarro
- Maurice Jackson vs. Matt Uhde
- Remy Bussieres vs. Blake Pool
- Wayman Carter vs. Carlos Eduardo"
Jake Shields wants to fight GSP again. No one cares outside of his friends and family.
Friend of mine is designing a Gi. Check it out. So far, it looks awesome.