Friday, October 4, 2013

Competition Road Trip: Headed to the Takemori Judo Open in Maryland


My team and I head to the Takemori Open in Maryland to compete tomorrow.
This is my 2nd tournament back competing as a black belt.
I placed third last month in my first tournament back after ACL surgery with some tough calls and one rather egregious one but that is the nature of the beast.
I had 6 matches last time across one division b/c I had no intention of competing until I rode in the car with  my teammates and realized that it was time to overcome my fear since my ACL surgery. I'm planning on competing in both the 66kg (my true division) and 73 kg tomorrow.

One of my matches from last month is below. I hit a quick Ippon by hooking the leg and grabbing the belt:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment