Thursday, May 17, 2012

McKenzie-Tine Strikes Again!: Guillotine Files Part IV


For those that missed it, Cody McKenzie struck again on Tuesday night on the UFC on Fuel TV by choking out another wrestler with his patented McKenzi-Tine/Guillotine variation.
This makes at least 11 recorded Wins by Guillotine.
Impressive.
He baited Marcus Levesseur with the arm in guillotine then almost immediately switched to his version, also known as the Buddhist Fist guillotine.

As always, I am intrigued by the Guillotine b/c 1) it has a cool name, and 2) b/c I am not very good at it. I have managed to hit it in some grappling tournaments but I virtually never hit it in training. If and when I do set it up, I end up using it to step over into mount, but then rarely finish.
Alas....maybe one day.

My previous posts on the guillotine with a multitude of variations are:
HERE - The McKenzie-tine variation of the Guillotine
HERE - Marcelo Garcie: the original Guillotine Hunter
HERE - Nate Diaz's Guillotine over Jim Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment