Monday, January 20, 2014

Leandro Lo: My Passes, My Guard, My Game - BJJ Hacks TV


Support Them.
They do awesome stuff.
Spread the word.

Some interesting takeaways from Leandro Lo, who I haven't heard much in interviews or his perspective on training.
He clearly works a lot of guard and a lot of passing. He also likes to watch Romulo and Jacare as they pass standing. For quite awhile during the Berimbolo/De La Riva Revolution brought on by the Brothers Mendes and Brothers Miyao, the convention wisdom became to pass super low (see guys like Laercio Fernandes/Bruno Malfacine as examples).
I for one will be watching some "old school" Jacare to revisit his style of passing having now heard that provides inspiration for the guard passing machine that is Leandro Lo.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment