I'm late to the party
It's inspiring to read about a competitor that never won a major tournament at any of the belt levels but managed to become a black belt world champion.
Beyond that he comes across as a regular guy, humble, enjoys Jiu-Jitsu, and travelling.
Main Achievements in BJJ – Black Belt:
- World Champion (2003 CBJJ);
- World Cup Champion (2006 CBJJO);
- European Champion (2008);
- Brazilian National Champion (2007);
- Rio de Janeiro State Champion; Masters International Champion (2010);
- 6x World Bronze Medallist (2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010);
- 3x Brazilian National Silver Medallist (2004, 2008, 2010);
- Pan American Silver Medallist (2011);
- 2x Brazilian National Bronze Medallist (2005, 2009)"
I've posted about him before HERE, HERE, and HERE, but if you're a non-athlete competitor, his story is one worth following in the "when you wish upon a star" Disney fairy tale inspiration kind of way.
If the above isn't enough to sate your newly found thirst for all things Felipe Costa, BJJ Hacks has got you covered: