Friday, May 3, 2013

Hilarious History in the Making: Constantinos Philippou Unworried about Souza's Ground Game at UFC on FX 8



""He's a well-rounded fighter, and he's improved a lot," Philippou said. "I'd say he's the most complete fighter I've had to face so far. His striking skills are great. If I didn't know better, I'd think he's a boxer. His takedowns are not as great as a wrestler. But he has the jiu-jitsu, so he doesn't care. Even if he has to pull you on top of him, he'll take you down. He doesn't mind being on his back."
AND:
"I have one of the best ground fighters in the world in Matt Serra, and I have seven black belts who rotate around me and get me ready for that," he said. "I'm not going to be at Jacare's level, but I'm not going to be in a jiu-jitsu fight with him. Even if he does take me down, and he keeps me down, it's MMA. I'm not worried about that. I'm confident enough that I'm going to defend and get on my feet, and then he has to do it all over again."

That being said, I'll let Jacare's MMA Highlight reel speak for itself:

No comments:

Post a Comment