Wednesday, May 22, 2013

UFC 160: The Happening - Full Video Countdown Episode & Prelim Breakdown



I've made no secret as to my thoughts on the absurd premise that Cain vs Bigfoot Part Deux is a ridiculously impassable attempt at a title fight unworthy of being put together, nor for the title, nor for a PPV headline.

That being said, it is what it is:

Cain will look dominant, perhaps I think not as dominant as he did the first time round, as Bigfoot HAS to come in with a game plan that doesn't involve getting taken down with the very first leg kick he throws in the fight. He has to come in with a better game plan, doesn't he? Then again, Ken Shamrock has to retire at some point, doesn't he?

For the first time in awhile, I am genuinely glad I work another job Saturday nights and I'll be getting paid rather than wasting time watching a rematch that was so one-sided the first time, it warrants a rematch the way Jon Fitch vs GSP warrants a rematch.
Anyhow, enjoy, I guess.



 
 
In rest of the card news; Gray Maynard gets a title shot eliminator (after his fight with Clay Guida he should be banned from main card bouts), against TJ Grant who admittedly I only vaguely recall seeing win some fights. Cerrone has a(n) "if I lose I must commit ritual suicide" bout with KJ "everyone loves to hate this guy" Noons.

The prelim card has Mike Pyle hopefully getting a big step up in the ladder after some impressive stoppages and wins in the UFC, Bermudez hopefully regaining momentum and moving up the deep 155 pool, two guys Colton and Robert I've never heard of, and Khabib coming in again as a dark horse in a fight he'll probably win and hopefully build some additional hype for his train. Bryan Bowles and Jeremy Stephens are also on suicide watch as they are now relegated to facebook prelims, the true backyardigans stomping ground of newcomers to the promotion or guys that have really fallen short in some recent bouts.

"
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 6:35 p.m. ET)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment